MrC's Web site
40 4 40
Photography
About MrC

201 : A Film Odyssey

This all started after I read Empire magazine back in March 2006.

Inside was a definitive list of the 201 best films of all time, as voted for by the magazine and it's readers. Included in the list were all kinds of films I would never normally watch. So as a keen film watcher, I thought to myself it might be a good idea to try and watch all the films in order and record my thoughts, and at the end of it, see how close the list was to my 201 best films.

This project will be much better if you could comment on these films and my reviews, so please, please, please get involved, just click on the comments text at the bottom of each review.

 



Monday, November 09, 2009

196 ... Sense and Sensibility

196 ... Sense and Sensibility

Now here's a film I would never have watched and a story by Jane Austen that I would never have read. Judging by the gap between this and the last film you can see I have been putting this one off.

A girly period drama, full of luvvies I thought as I settled down to be bored ... but as the film went on I found myself enjoying it more and more and by the end I realised I had really enjoyed it.

Great characters, story, locations and acting.

Emma Thompson is great and Alan Rickman is quality.

I now greatly esteem this film !

AFO (A Film Odyssey) rating 7.5
TJ (T J Hooker) rating n/a
CK (Captain Kirt) rating n/a

Links .... IMDB Wikipedia

Trailer ...

Please add your comments ....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home