MrC's Web site
40 4 40
Photography
About MrC

201 : A Film Odyssey

This all started after I read Empire magazine back in March 2006.

Inside was a definitive list of the 201 best films of all time, as voted for by the magazine and it's readers. Included in the list were all kinds of films I would never normally watch. So as a keen film watcher, I thought to myself it might be a good idea to try and watch all the films in order and record my thoughts, and at the end of it, see how close the list was to my 201 best films.

This project will be much better if you could comment on these films and my reviews, so please, please, please get involved, just click on the comments text at the bottom of each review.

 



Sunday, February 07, 2010

195 ... Glengarry Glen Ross

195 ... Glengarry Glen Ross

Not seen before, this is a theatre play converted to film about a small group of estate agents.
Al Pacino's is easily the best performance with a fantastic rant, and Alec Baldwin's 10 minute performance is much better than normal, but the story didn't hold attention for the whole film. It did improve the last 20 minutes, and the f word couter is right up there with the best.

Worth watching for Al Pacino.

AFO (A Film Odyssey) rating 6
TJ (T J Hooker) rating n/a
CK (Captain Kirt) rating n/a

Links .... IMDB Wikipedia

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home